Early Childhood Special Education Services (ECSES) Inclusion (Formerly PPCD - Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities) is an effort to include to the maximum extend possible a full day inclusion program was implemented taking into account the importance of those influences that promote student success, self-esteem, value, acceptance, and high expectations. Components of our curriculum include: communication, cognition, motor, fine arts, and social/emotional development. Assessment is formal and on-going. Assessment may be task related or observational.
Child must be in Pre-Kindergarten or ECSES (formerly PPCD) class and must be four years old on or before September 1st
Consent from parents
Recommendation from teacher and administrative staff
- To help all students discover and accept individual differences
- To provide appropriate role models
- To include parents as partners in the education of their children
- To provide well balances and appropriate concrete learning and background experiences whereby all children can succeed
- To develop higher thinking skills
Currently there are two inclusion classes.
Classes are full-day
Monday Through Friday
8:00 am - 3:25 pm
The classes are taught by both special education early childhood and regular early childhood certified teachers. A team approach is used. Pre-Kindergarten and ECSES students are combined.
- Speech Therapist
- Parent Involvement
- Classroom aides
- VH teacher
- Physical Therapist
- Developmental Assistant
- Occupational Therapist
- Health Aide